Find Charlie the Cavalier Goes to the Zoo at Amazon Written by: Lisa Rusczyk Ed. D. Illustrated by: Magdelena Takac Edited by: Julie Conzelman
The goal of Read to One Million is for Author Lisa Rusczyk, Ed.D. to read out loud to 1,000,000 people.
I hope to accomplish this though in person readings as well as live online readings, and pre-recorded readings. Each view will be counted as a reading. Age does not matter.
I am calculating this will take me 10 years of 100,000 views a year.
I NEED Your Help
I would love your help in sharing my live session, and recorded readings. Please help schedule these events for me. Help me get to my crazy goal. Thank you.
Become facebook friends with ReadTo1Million to view live readings by Lisa.
Follow the journey on Instragram with the tag #ReadTo1Million.
Follow the journey on Twitter with the tag #ReadTo1Million.
Go to YouTube, subscribe, and watch some videos. Videos will be updated often so check back.
Cut out the hearts, tape them around the room, then have the kids find them before reading a Charlie the Cavalier book. Then the kids can find the hearts in the book. Laminate the hearts for future hunts. #CharlieTheCavalier
Click here to Can You Spot the Heart? – Charlie the Cavalier Activity.
We had an empty wall in our little girls playroom. So I added wall art for $20. I took the book Charlie the Cavalier Begs for attention and cut the book into different pages. I then went to the Good Will in town and got all of these different color frames for $12 for 8 frames in total. We had white paint and a busy in the house from another project. I took the glass out of the frames and then painted them. I selected frames based on different things. First the picture had to fit in them. Then the back had to come off easily and be able to put back on. This would also look great with all different pastel colors.
Next I had to clean the glass with windex and take the current pictures out of the mat. Some had mats and some did not. For the frames without mats I put white paper behind them. I then added the images.
Finally I arranged the frames on a piece of cardboard in the configuration that I want. I then marked where I wanted to put the nails. I then actually nailed the cardboard to the wall. When I pulled the cardboard off the nails were in the right spot.
This project did take 4 hours to complete but I had fun doing to project and think it looks great.
Many people have asked how Charlie and the baby are getting along. They get along great! Charlie leaves most of her baby toys alone. The issue is the baby wants Charlie’s toys. He does lick her bottles sometimes when they are on the floor. So they should not be on the floor. She use to hit him and grab him more than pet him and he would growl but that is all. Now she pets him gently. They are learning to live together!
After completing some research, I found a baby food pouch that is reusable for Maria. These pouches are much less messy which makes both of us happy.
Do you have a Discover Credit Card? You can get one a Discover Card here if you are interested. Below are some tips of what to do and no to do with your discover rewards programs.
- Earning Cash Back– You get cash back in certain areas but only a certain amount each month. For example, you get 5% cash back on gas but only up to $1,500.
- Signing Up for 5% Programs– You actually need to sign up for the cash back programs each couple months. This means if you don’t use the internet, you must sign up by phone. Remember to sign up each couple months or you will only get 1% back.
- Using Discover Travel Department – We book cruises about once a year. We have never used cash back from the cruise department because we always found the cruise somewhere else cheaper. Make sure you check around. Here are some other ways to save money booking a cruise.
- Online Shopping – If you are already an online shopper, check to see if logging in though the discover card account first will give you extra cash back. This money may take a while to get to your account, but can be worth checking on.
- Redeeming Cash Back– You may get double the cash back for certain gift cards, but if you are not going to use them, was it really worth it? Getting gift cards as Christmas Gifts is a great idea. You can get many gifts this way!
- Fun Cards– There are many fun card options to choose from. Don’t pick the boring ones :). Have fun. I have a pink one, and the waitress always give the card back to me and not my husband when I am paying.
- Shop on Amazon?- You can use any amount of cash back directly on Amazon.com. My husband likes to do this to buy K cups from Amazon for his kureig.
Our little girl is now 8 months old! Almost a year ago we had a beautiful baby shower with a She is About to Pop baby shower theme! We were so blessed to have so many family and friends in one spot again. Here is a list of the gifts that we love.
- Sophie the Giraffe – I know she was expensive, but this was the teether that our little girl used the most. I think she like it because it was similar to a human hand. Soft with different parts to chew on.
- Banana Tooth Brush– She loves chewing on this one too. I hope this will help her in the steps to loving her brush her teeth.
- Halo Sleep Sack – This is what our daughter slept in since night one! We got 2 from the baby shower, then the hospital gave us one as we were leaving for a present. Great gift!
- Sleep Sheep – This sheep was given to us to our friends who were just first time parents themselves. (They have a fun blog too). Before every nap and every night we turn on this sheep. We prefer the wave and rain sound. I switch it up to the whale sound too. Our daughter is getting big enough that we turns the sheep on herself sometimes too!
- Infant Car Seat – After you get the hang of it, car seats are not that bad. They let you have your freedom as a new Mom!
50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby
(Over 1,000 Copies sold on Amazon to Date)
Ask Yourself the Question…
How Much Do You Know About Having a Baby?
Do you know what a cervix checks are? Did you know you can bleed for a couple weeks after giving birth? Do you know how to stay organized, even with a new baby?
This is a collection of 50 simple tips that any pregnant woman would like to know before having a baby. The book offers practical timeless tips including organization tips, advice for visiting the Doctor’s office, and things a pregnant woman should learn or complete before the new bundle of joy arrives. A great quick read for a soon to be new Mom or someone who is helping a soon to be Mom! The book also includes tools including Website Resources, Baby Feeding/Diaper Schedule, Mom Medicine Schedule, Baby Clothes Size Chart, Baby Sitter Sheet, Short Hospital Bag Checklist, After Recovery Kit, Baby Medicine Basket Items, and 10 Things to Know When Traveling with a baby.
A BOOK TO WOMEN TO…
- Get Answers to pregnancy questions
- Practical Tips you can apply immediately to your pregnancy
- Free Tools– Website Resources, Baby Feeding/Diaper Schedule, Mom Medicine Schedule, Baby Clothes Size Chart, Baby Sitter Sheet, Short Hospital Bag Checklist, After Recovery Kit, Baby Medicine Basket Items, and 10 Things to Know When Traveling with a baby.
- Easy-to-Read, a quick read that is short & to the point
- Makes a Great Gift for your friends at a baby shower.
…This Book Could Help you During Pregnancy
I love it! Very informative! Thank you for sharing. 🙂 -princessct
I love this! And this being my 2nd child it is all so true! I am glad to have read this because it has been 10 years since my DS was born and you forget a lot of these things.I had never heard of the happiest baby and now after watching the clip from The View you posted I will be buying the book! Thank you. ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ -cookies
Really enjoyed reading your first few tips for first time moms! Just started my last trimester and starting to get anxious, nervous and excited! My sister in law sent me this link and I love your tips, charts, advice!! Thanks so much! I will have to get ahold of the rest!! (Nikki)! First time mommy!!:)
Goodreads rating: 3.38 (8 ratings)
We love social media! Who doesn’t? Check out our new social media links on our blog.
We would LOVE to have a guest blogger or two on our site! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested! You can choose a Marvelous Monday, Take Me Out Tuesday, Thankful Thursday, Fabulous House Friday or write about something similar! Since the popularity of the post 50 Things to Know Before Having a Baby, we are getting about 15,000 hits a week. I feel so lucky and blessed that so many people can learn from tips that I have collected. Having a baby is such a scary/crazy/beautiful event in someones life. We would love to hear from you!