Things are really coming together for our little girls big girl bed. We want this bed to last until she goes to college (Fingers Crossed). After much research this is what we have. We decided to move right from the crib to the mattress on the ground because he kept walking off her toddler bed thinking there was a rail there. But she had to stop sleeping in the crib because she would climb out 4x during a nap. With some comparison shopping we saved about $100 with the bed, box spring, and mattress pad. I also found a great deal on a bed frame that I am going to paint white. Please check back when everything is finished. I can’t wait.
- Memory Foam Bed from Amazon (Best Price Mattress 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress, Twin) for $155 with tax.
- Box Spring from a local store that has free shipping for $120 with tax
- Waterproof Mattress Pad from Amazon (Twin Size) for $27 with tax. We may have found a less expensive one but I wanted to make sure our girl who is learning how to use the potty doesn’t make it to the mattress.
- Bed Frame I found this on craigslist for $25. I did use $12 in gas and $25 to sand paper and paint but it will be forth it.
- Bed Quilt and Sheets a recent Christmas Gift but can be found at Walmart or Khols.
- Bed Rail already purchased on Amazon.
For under $360 we found a complete bed for our little girl. Look below for pictures of the bed frame that I plan to paint white.